Occasionally, issues may arise that prevent the Lightrun agent running correctly. Following, is a list of the more common issues and their possible solutions.
If you unable to find solutions here, contact us from our website's chatbot or by email. We'll be glad to help.
Agents don't appear in the Lightrun plugin¶
If agents don't appear in the plugin, it may be because they are not running on the application server. If you're sure the agent is running, then the error could be due to connection or authentication issues at the client side.
- Restart the IDE
- Log in to Lightrun again, from the plugin.
If the agents still don't appear, contact your administrator for assistance.
Self-signed certificate is blocked¶
Troubleshooting methods for this issue may vary depending on browser, browser version or operating system.
The following links address most of the certificate issues associated with popular browsers and operating systems:
Unable to sign in from the plugin¶
- No connectivity to server (cloud).
- The IDE cannot connect to the server (in Lightrun Cloud deployments or when using app.lightrun.com)
Resolve server URL mismatch. Check the Lightrun server URL in the plugin's settings (under the IDE's Preferences / Settings --> Lightrun) and verify that it's the same URL that appears in the browser page from which you're trying to authenticate.
Unable to sign in from the browser for the plugin or CLI¶
If you Unable to log in from your browser, check the following issues:
- Verify that the client can communicate with the server (the cloud).
- There may be a problem with the embedded browser in your IDE - From the Lightrun plugin settings menu in the WebStrom or IntelliJ IDE, disable the Use Embedded Browser option and then try logging in again.
Agent exits unexpectedly¶
If the agent exits unexpectedly or immediately after you've run it, verify that the path to the agent is
Unable to see dynamic logs in my IDE¶
Logs only appear in the IDE if piping is configured correctly in the Lightrun plugin. If you are unable to see any logs:
- Verify that the piping configuration is set to either Plugin or Both.
- Check all of the Lightrun Console filters to verify that you haven't filtered out the dynamic logs that you've applied.
Unable to create a new action¶
- You're unable to create a new action.
- An action you create appears red in the IDE.
- The only actions that appear in the IDE are for tags.
- You're unable to find the agent list in the Lightrun plugin.
- Verify that you're logged in. Try logging out and then logging back in.
- Verify that you're attempting to insert the action from a line with code in it.
- From the IDE, verify that the cursor is positioned within your code. From the CLI, verify that the line number you used is valid.
- The agent might be down. Ask your account manager to check.
- Verify that the relevant agent still has at least one tag on it. The default tag is Production, but the manager may have removed this tag accidentally and left the agent without tags.
- You're not connected to the correct source code version (the same version currently running with the agent). Try closing the source code and reopening the file, ensuring you open the file directly from the running application.
- Your plugin may need to be upgraded to the newest version.
Unable to delete an existing action¶
If you're unable to delete an action, verify that:
- You're logged in.
- The agent you're using is currently running. To verify, try running
Unable to see the Lightrun plugin sidebar¶
If you're unable to see the plugin from your IDE, verify that:
- The WebStorm or IntelliJ IDE default is not set to Collapse all.
- The Lightrun plugin is installed and active.
- Check the plugin's settings at View->Tool Windows->Lightrun.
Unable to switch user¶
To switch users, you must log out of the currently active user first. If this doesn't work, try to:
- Clear cookies and try again.
- If you're working from the browser, try a different browser, or open an incognito page.