Unlike traditional breakpoints, Lightrun Snapshots are virtual breakpoints that don't pause, block or otherwise affect the functioning of your target application code from running. Lightrun Snapshots extract all of the information you need (stack traces and variables) for investigating bugs and display the output directly in the Lightrun plugin for your IDE and your Lightrun Management Portal.
Typical use cases¶
With Lightrun Snapshots, you can:
- Explore variable values and function arguments at runtime, at any line of code in your application.
- Add watch expressions and explore the stack trace and the variables in every frame.
- Add as many snapshots as you need, without pausing the process.
- Add tags to enable multi-instance support (such as microservices, and big data workers).
More on Snapshots¶
- Learn how to create and manage snapshots in the Jetbrains plugin
- Learn how to create and manage snapshots in the VS Code plugin
- Learn how to manage your snapshots in the Lightrun Management Portal