Actions are any of the snapshots, dynamic logs or metrics that you request to add to your application directly from specific lines of its source code.
Adding an action triggers a request that is sent to the agent. Once verified, the requested instrumentation is then added to the running application without interrupting any services.
A system quota controls use of CPU, Networking, Memory, excessively long strings, too many instructions printing out, protection from infinite loops and the like. Users with the
IGNORE_QUOTA role can customize these limits.
Once the action is added, the resulting output appears (based on piping configuration) from the:
- IDE of the user who inserted it
- IDE of any other user in the account
- app in the browser for all users in the account
- integrated APM and logging tools
- terminal window on the application server from which the agent is running
Additionally, any user can use the action ID to view output from their CLI.